|creative commons licensed (BY) flickr photo by Trekking Rinjani: http://flickr.com/photos/trekkingrinjani/4930552641|
Last Wednesday night I participated in a Hangout with the team involved in coordinating the Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century professional development program offered by the education department in Victoria. For whatever reason, I didn’t sign up last year. Subsequently, I looked on in awe and a little bit of jealously (if I must be honest) at all the awesome learning (and fun) that seemed to be going on. When it was offered this year, I was therefore keen to be involved, especially after sitting the backchannel of the ACCELN broadcast reviewing last years program. As things unfolded, +John Thomas got in contact, asked if I’d like to be a coach and the rest is history.
- +Jan Molloy on being inspired by the potential of technology while at ISTE Asia Conference in 2012.
- +Margo Edgar on her experience at the PLN workshop run by the SLV, where she learnt that being connected is not about knowing everything, but about stating facts and asking questions.
- +Corey Aylen on the changes that being connected have brought to his notion of learning and teaching.
- +Kim Yeomans on being inspired by the SLAV Re-imagine Course to start a LRC (Library Resource Centre) Blog at her school.
- +John Thomas on noticing that all the other participants at the January 2011 Google Teacher Academy were on Twitter and thinking that there must be something in it.
- +John Bennett on making the decision to find time to reflect on that which interested him and connect.
If you enjoy what you read here, feel free to sign up for my monthly newsletter to catch up on all things learning, edtech and storytelling.
Latest posts by Aaron Davis (see all)
- The Anatomy of an Idea – Building a Solution One Step at a Time - September 19, 2017
- Developing a Writing Workflow - September 15, 2017
- Organising Data with Forms and Sheets - September 12, 2017
How Far We’ve Come by Aaron Davis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.